2018 WCHA Academic Scholarship
WCHA has a Foundation through which academic scholarships are awarded. For academic scholarship consideration, students must be a member of the WCHA, must be a graduating high school senior or apply within two years of graduation, must pass a college entrance examination, provide three letters of reference and submit an essay explaining their educational plans and goals. Once they have been granted a scholarship, they must maintain a “B” or 3.0 or better grade point average each academic year to be eligible for renewal. Students must maintain a full time status (typically 12 credit hours/semester) while enrolled in the educational program. Applicants must be a current WCHA member and maintain membership every year while in the Scholarship program. Applicants cannot be a direct relation/child of an Officer, Director or Executive Committee Member of WCHA.
Steps to apply for a WCHA Academic Scholarship:
- Review application requirements as defined on the application.
- If you meet the requirements, completely fill out the application.
- Mail completed WCHA Academic Scholarship Application to:
Attention: Scholarship Applications
PO Box 688
Cisco, TX 76437
- The Applications are due by August 31, 2018.
- Once the application is received, the selection committee will review all applications. Those who are qualified will be evaluated and ranked by a point system to determine recipients of the scholarship.
Please note that scholarships are paid directly to the financial office of the school during the year the Scholarship is awarded. If scholarships are not used, the funds remain in the Scholarship Fund.