WCHA Academic Scholarship Information & Forms
WCHA has a Foundation through which academic scholarships are awarded. For academic scholarship consideration, students must be a member of WCHA, a high school graduate (or apply within two years of graduation), pass a college entrance examination and provide three letters of reference and submit an essay explaining their educational plans and goals. This essay should specifically address how you feel your academic career will provide you with an opportunity to better serve the Halter Industry, either through a trade school or collegiate academic program. Applicants must provide a photograph and a signed release form in the event they are awarded a scholarship.
Once you have been granted a scholarship, you must maintain a “B” or 3.0 or better grade point average each academic year to be eligible for renewal. Students must maintain a full-time status (typically 12 credit hours/semester) while enrolled in an educational program. Applicants must be a current WCHA member and maintain membership every year while in the Scholarship program.
Steps to apply for a WCHA Academic Scholarship:
- Review application requirements as defined on the application.
- If you meet the requirements, completely fill out the application.
- Scan and Email “Fully Completed Application In Its Entirety” To:
Don Falcon: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Applications are due by August 15, 2022.
- Once the application is received, the selection committee will review all applications. Those who are qualified will be evaluated and ranked by a point system to determine recipients of the scholarship.