Congratulations to the 2018/2019 WCHA Academic Scholarship Winners!
2019 WCHA Academic Scholarship
WCHA has a Foundation through which academic scholarships are awarded. For academic scholarship consideration, students must be a member of the WCHA, must be a graduating high school senior or apply within two years of graduation, must pass a college entrance examination, provide three letters of reference and submit an essay explaining their educational plans and goals. Once they have been granted a scholarship, they must maintain a “B” or 3.0 or better grade point average each academic year to be eligible for renewal. Students must maintain a full-time status (typically 12 credit hours/semester) while enrolled in the educational program. Applicants must be a current WCHA member and maintain membership every year while in the Scholarship program. Applicants cannot be a direct relation/child of an Officer, Director or Executive Committee Member of WCHA.
Steps to apply for a WCHA Academic Scholarship:
- Review application requirements as defined on the application.
- If you meet the requirements, completely fill out the application.
- Mail completed WCHA Academic Scholarship Application to:
Attention: Scholarship Applications
10262 Hide-A-Way Road
Thackerville, OK 73459
- The Applications are due by August 31, 2019.
- Once the application is received, the selection committee will review all applications. Those who are qualified will be evaluated and ranked by a point system to determine recipients of the scholarship.
- An individual can only be a scholarship recipient one time.
Note: Scholarships are paid directly to the financial office of the school during the year the Scholarship is awarded. If scholarships are not used, the funds remain in the Scholarship Fund.